Thursday, February 3, 2011

B'day Post

Today is my birthday. It comes around once in 365 days according to the Gregorian calendar. I woke up early in the morning, when the first rays of dawn streamed through my window and hit me squarely in the face! I woke up with hazy but fond memories of the calls and messages that I had gotten at midnight. 

There was a time when I used to believe that every birthday took me one year closer to death. Those were my dark days. Now they are past. I now choose to look at it as a celebration of another year of survival. It's very Zen, I know.

For many of us, birthdays mean gifts, sweets, friends, party...etc. To me, my birthday is the one day of the year when I throw all cares to the wind and have all kinds of fun. I usually like to laze around on a birthday. I don't go to class, I sleep a few minutes (or hours) extra, I go for long drives on scenic routes, I eat tasty food from different places, and I spend time with people that matter most to me. Of course, these things can and are done on other days as well. But doing them on a birthday ensures that at least once in a year, I do things my way.

I am looking forward to having a great day, hope you are too. :)
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment