Saturday, February 19, 2011

Superb Saturday

Today was a good day. For one thing, there was no class, it's a weekend...duh! Partied with some good friends in the afternoon, had excellent food, and spent some quality time sleeping/ making music/ doing-nothing-particularly-useful. 

Unfortunately, the next week brings with it the spectre of exams. Although I am at a point in life where I have attended so many tests that they are no longer a big deal, this time I have decided to score respectable grades. It will require a little more effort that I usually expend on these pointless ventures, but I believe it will be worth it in the end. 

On an unrelated note, I finally managed to watch the movie 'United 93'. It is the chilling story of the passengers on board United flight 93, which was the only aircraft that missed its target on 9/11. The movie is intense and gripping. And even though we all know its outcome, I still found myself hoping against hope for a non-tragic ending. 

It set me thinking about terrorism and violence. If we are to be called a civilized species, we really should eliminate violence as an option. After all, 'violence is the last resort of the incompetent.' 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The song for today is 'November Rain' by Guns and Roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment