Sunday, February 6, 2011

The divine hangover

Remember I mentioned a temple-festival yesterday and how I had decided to be part of it? It seems that I got more than I had bargained for. The festivities stretched all the way up to 2 am in the morning. Very unsurprisingly, when I did manage to wake up today, I realized that I had a splitting headache in addition to many other aches scattered across the topography of my not-so-small body. I can now understand what a person who's been hit by a train feels like, provided that they are still alive to feel it.

Predictably, I spent most of today swimming in and out of consciousness and being generally just as useful as a boulder lying in the middle of nowhere. 

Now I just hope that this hangover does not seep into tomorrow, as I really would like to be able to attend class.  Don't get me wrong though, I did have a blast this weekend, but I guess I am getting too old to be able to bounce back from it like I used to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment