Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturdays are for fun

I love weekends. Especially Saturdays. I don't have class, and I don't have to worry about getting up early the next day either. My usual plans for Saturdays involve having good food (mostly junk) and catching a late night movie. 

I watched James Cameroon's Sanctum today. It's a movie based on cave-diving. The plot is nothing new, a group of cave-divers get trapped in this unexplored cave in the middle of nowhere and have to face many challenges, including narrow tunnels, lack of light and murderous intentions. It's not a great movie, but it's not boring either. Definitely paisa-vasool. 
I watched the movie in the newly opened Q-Cinemas in the Gold Souk mall, Cochin. The multiplex is a standard affair and the tickets are moderately priced.

As for my evening, I expect to spend it staring at idols of gods being carried through the streets where hundreds of people line up with offerings for them. Yes, the T.D. temple festival is on. It's an eight day ceremony and today is the fifth day. Elephants, blazing torches and traditional chendas (drums) are a common sight during this time.

It's not that I have suddenly become religious, I just look at this as an opportunity to meet a lot of relatives and keep the family ties intact. I was not always like this though. I did not give much importance to family. After all, it is not something I chose. Recently though, I have come to realize that more often than not, family is what will be there through thick and thin. It is strange and illogical, but blood is indeed thicker.

Well, that about wraps up the day for me. Hope you have a great weekend as well.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment